Giving of the Rule of Life
A day for giving thanks at the Casa
On July 21, 2019, the community of Castel gave thanks to the Lord for the wonders he had done for Mother Maria dos Anjos and for the entire Congregation:
- July 14, 2019 : Anniversary of our Superior General
- July 15, 2019 : Final giving of the Rule of Life in Japan
- November 2018 – July 2019 : Travelling for the giving of the Rule of Life
The feast began with the Eucharist, which makes of each of our days a feast and a memorial” C 59. At the offertory, we placed at the foot of the altar, a basket containing our reasons for giving thanks and our prayers for our Superior General.
In the afternoon, the celebration continued with a community meeting. A Powerpoint allowed us to look back on the giving of the Rule of Life:
November 21, 2018 – July 15, 2019!
- Lorraine Matthieu spoke on behalf of all the sisters of the Congregation: What we want to offer to the Lord today is a great hymn thanksgiving for the wonders he has accomplished in you and through you during these many months of your apostolic journey. Like the apostle Paul travelling the roads of the world, you have traveled hundreds of kilometres to bring the Good News, our Good News, that is, our Rule of Life… Praise be the name of the Lord!
At the end of this special time, Mother Maria dos Anjos received four symbolic gifts:
- A rose that represented each Province, Region and Mission
- A diploma that attested:
- That she has met all the Sisters of the Provinces, Regions and Missions and has given to each one the renewed Rule of Life.
- That these visits brought an abundance of joy, stimulated fervour, sparked spiritual renewal and revived hope on our path of holiness.
- An airline ticket naming all the airlines that she used in order to visit her sisters during these eight months. This special ticket is open so that she might choose a destination where she can take a well-deserved rest.
- A poster that will remind us of this year of the giving of the Rule of Life and the many travels of Mother Maria dos Anjos.
With Mary, let us continue to move forward with joy and hope!